2012/01/07

肉奴隷 (Nikudorei) - 自慰録 (十周年記念作品)


Nikudorei, sometimes known as the English translation 'Meat Slave', is the noise project of a fucked-up dude called Okada. Some of the stories I've heard about this guy are pretty fucking insane. The project has, over the years, included other members and/or session musicians including Vivian Slaughter of Gallhammer (playing saxophone) and - in my favorite period of Nikudorei's output (Niku's best release in my opinion being the split 7" with Anal Massaker) - Kenny Sanderson of Facialmess.

I picked up this tape from Allman - the record store run by the owner of H:G Fact - when I was, as I mentioned in the last post, in Japan in 2004. I guess it's a sort of celebratory release to mark Nikudorei's 10th anniversary as a (non-)musical entity. The entire sleeve can be seen above (and is also included in the download), and I guess I don't have much info to add that can't be seen on there. Both tracks measure in at a little over 7 minutes; considering they were recorded ten years apart, I'm not sure if this was intentional or coincidence. I guess he found the earlier recording and then intentionally made another recording the same length... or maybe the recordings are intentionally edited down to the same length. Nikudorei has, over the years, experimented with including grind/noisecore influences in its output, but these two recordings are pure harsh noise. Not as good as the Genital Torture full-length or the aforementioned split with Anal Massaker, but I do like this tape; when it was released, Nikudorei was going through a bad spell of releasing mediocre live recordings, and this one is definitely a few steps above that standard for me. The fact that it's released by the reliable H:G Fact should back that opinion up. Worth checking out if you like noise.

No comments: