2011/12/30

Princess Army Wedding Combat / Cunts split tape



I uploaded this rip on Christmas Day, because of one particular sample on side A of the tape. You'll see what I mean if you download it and pay attention. So, I figure I might as well use it to start this blog off.

Princess Army Wedding Combat is a one-man project from, I think, Colorado. The guy responsible is (was?) also a member of the tardcore/noisecore band Lobster Assault. PAWC brings short burts of noise/noisecore/(cyber)grind interspersed with cutesy anime samples. On this occasion, even noisier than normal. Usually I like to split recordings up into individual tracks, especially when there are song titles, but on this one I found it impossible to get the right number of 'songs' out of the recording so it's just one 9-minute mp3.

Cunts is a two-man deal from Tokyo, Japan. They play noisecore, but with just drums and vocals; no guitars, no bass. I got to see them live when I was in Japan as a student back in 2004, and it was one of the most insane and awesome shows I've ever seen. Vocalist (and sometimes drummer) Ucchy is also the drummer/vocalist in the equally great Napalm Death Is Dead. Both of his bands are among my favorite noisecore bands of this century. Here, as usual with Cunts, we get a seemingly-improvised 8~9 minute noisecore session. Didn't seem to be much point splitting this into separate tracks either.

This tape was released in... maybe 2005? ...by Shit Eye Cassettes, the tape-label run by Ucchy from Cunts/NDID. Full cover scan included in folder. Link opens in new window.

2 comments:

gamma693 said...

Great first post. Total noise insanity.

Anonymous said...

Hey!! No idea if this blog is still active, but any chance of a re-upload? I can't find this tape, or a rip of it anywhere!!!
Many thanks!!!